Monday, September 14, 2009

Creation

I wonder, can you tell from the title? Once in a while I find myself surprised - genuinely surprised - at the actions and opinions held in this country. Just when I think I've seen it all...

A British film about Charles Darwin has failed to find a US distributor because his theory of evolution is too controversial for American audiences, according to its producer.

I expected some people to not like it, but to fail to find a distributor?! I think some people need to grow a thicker skin. Is this really how things are in this country now?

"It is unbelievable to us that this is still a really hot potato in America. There's still a great belief that He made the world in six days. It's quite difficult for we in the UK to imagine religion in America. We live in a country which is no longer so religious. But in the US, outside of New York and LA, religion rules."

I just can't believe it.

In other, more amusing news ...

Creationism question in 'misleading' science GCSE

In this case, a British exam board added a question in a boilogy paper which referred to Creationism.

"Earlier, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, insisted it had no place in school science."

1 comment:

Daisy Girl said...

I do find it very very silly that Americans believe in the fairy tales. Not only do they believe in them, they defend them and use them for whatever purpose they see fit!